Linda: My granddaughter attends a local church preschool and I wanted to share with you the tags they have to assist at dismissal time. These photos are her actual tags, but I blocked out names and phone numbers for privacy issues.
The children have a laminated name tag attached with a plastic cord to their backpacks. This side has my granddaughter’s name and classroom number.
The reverse side has all the information as to whom can pick her up and their phone numbers.
Lisa: Great idea! I have to carry a clipboard with that information and if I forget to take it when I walk the children to the parking lot, I could could just check the child’s backpack!
Linda: I drive through the carpool lane to pick her up and have to hang this laminated sign on my rear view mirror for all to see. This card is a half-piece of laminated card stock with her name printed very large. A teaching assistant comes around with a clipboard to write down the names so that the children are brought to the curb in correct car order!
On the back of the card, there are rules for using the car pool area.
In case you can’t read them on the photo, here’s what they are:
- Please turn off your cell phone and other electronic devices so that you are not distracted. No excuses. Safety first!
- Please display your car tag from the rear view mirror and leave up until after you leave.
- Please put your car in PARK.
- We will bring your child to you. Parent/driver is responsible for securing child in car seat.
- You may need to provide picture identification.
- Your child must have an age-appropriate car seat.
- Morning carpool begins at 8:50 a.m. Please leave your child buckled in his/her seat. A teach will unbuckle and take your child to class.
- Afternoon carpool begins at 12:00 p.m.
- Students not picked up by 12:10 will be taken to the preschool office and a late fee will be charged.
All these suggestions might not be feasible at your school but we wanted to share the tags with you!
Our store on Teachers Pay Teachers has reached 700 followers! We are celebrating by having a sale! 20% off everything this Monday, Oct. 12 - Wednesday, Oct. 14!
We have several new items that are included in the sale too:
A One-and-Done Project
(also included in Goldilocks and the Three Bears)
We are constantly working on updating our books to include different versions of the pages and/or journals. Here's our latest update:
If you purchased our old version, The Three Bears, go to My Purchases in your account and upload this new one!