Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Break Favorites

It's the first Wednesday of the new month - and the first day! - so we're joining the Teaching Trio to share 3 of our favorite "anythings!"  
http://teachingtrio.blogspot.com/search/label/Favorite%20Things

This month we'll tell you about our favorite Spring Break activities:

Lisa:  The weather is beautiful - just in time for spring break! We've had some very hot days already but will it hit 100 in April?  Hope not!   

I became a grandmother in November and Sloane is so much fun now at 5 months old.  We'll be celebrating Easter at my home but no egg hunt this year!  I'm sure next year will be a completely different story.   

Spring break also gives me time to visit my mom and sisters up in Washington.  She's almost 90 and I love going back home to spend time with her and sailing in the Puget Sound.  The week will be over before you know it and then it's our final stretch before summer break.  

Linda: Right now in Georgia we are having some major thunderstorms along with hail!  I haven't been able to check my roof but I don't thing the hailstones are large enough to do much damage.  Tomorrow should be sunny and up in the 70's again!   

I live 5 miles away from my grandchildren and am the go-to babysitter!  My 4-year-old granddaughter loves to do projects with paper, glue, and scissors now but the 2-year-old would rather play with his trucks!  

Quilting is my new passion.  I belong to 2 quilting groups, both of which are making and donating 70" by 80" quilts to the shelter for homeless vets close to Atlanta.  I'm also working on a wall hanging that is all hand-embroidered.  Might get it finished by next spring! 

What are your favorite Spring Break activities?

1 comment:

  1. No grandchildren for me yet, but I'm looking forward to that day!

    ReplyDelete