Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!




Linda: As I sit here waiting for the clock to strike midnight, I'm thinking back of all the wonderful things that happened to me in 2014.  I won't bore you to tears with my list but will just mention a few.  I bought a house finally in Georgia after moving here in 2011 and renting since then.  I now have an office and an extra bedroom for my quilting!  I traveled a little and have made so many new friends through Teachers Pay Teachers.  Can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for me!  

Lisa: 2014 seems to have flown right by!  It was an exciting year with many months of waiting for my granddaughter's birth.  I love being a grandma and living close enough to be able to babysit!  My entire family visited for Thanksgiving from the state of Washington to ooh and aah over the baby!  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's the Story Behind the Logo? 

Don't you wish you had come up with the Eat More Chikin campaign for Chick Fil-A?  Or how about Flo from Progressive?  When you see those ads, you immediately connect them with the products!  We've been invited by Art with Jenny K. to tell the story behind our logo. 

When we began KinderLit back in 1999, we struggled for a name for our new business.  Lisa finally had a brainstorm one night and called me very late to suggest KinderLit as a combo of Kindergarten and Literature.  We've stuck with it ever since!

On our website and our banner at conference booths, we have the word KinderLit in different colored letters all mixed up. 

When we started our Teachers Pay Teachers store and needed a small logo, we used a photo of ourselves at a booth - I think it was taken by Greg from ESGI - with our KinderLit shirts on. 

When we hired Danielle at CrayonBoxLearning to design our blog, she suggested a more updated logo.  Since we both love polka dots, we went with that theme and love our new logo!   Don't you???


       ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We wish you all a wonderful, healthy, and happy 2015!

4 comments:

  1. Your logo perfectly matches your theme! The name KinderLit says it all! I am also a polka dot fan and LOVE all the colors. It must be a blast to have a partner to blog with. I'm glad I got the chance to find your blog. Happy New Year!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy New Year!
      Linda and Lisa

      Delete
  2. I love your logo - and when I write my post to link up, Danielle will be getting credit for my logo as well! (She's awesome!)
    KinderLit is such a perfect name - no guessing at all what your store and blog are about!
    Happy New Year! :o) Pam aka Hedgehog Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We do try to explain what we're all about but it's so hard to make sure teachers understand what a KinderLit book is! Even at conferences it takes about a 5-minute talk until they "get it." Don't you just love Danielle?! Found out we knew her way back in the early years of our business when we were both on the KinderKorner digest - which I don't even think exists anymore. She's so patient with my dumb questions!
      Happy New Year!
      Linda and Lisa

      Delete